Sunday 17 August 2014

THIS, then that



I was going through my past articles and I must admit I was tripped. I write well. I also marveled at how plain honest I could be with God when I write. I still remember those days when I was filled with so many emotions that all I wanted to do was let out through writing.
Tonight, the seventeenth of August, 2014, I’m in need of a break. I don’t mean like a vacation, this posting can qualify as one. I need a BREAKTHROUGH. I talk to God now at odd hours (there’s really nothing odd about talking with Him at any time, it’s just different from the hours I used to talk with Him). I’m not interested in running Book Club. It is as though my life needs new/more meaning. I want to wake up each day with purpose. Maybe I don’t want to admit that this posting is boring! If I were in Ibadan, I would have been too tired to type this.
Maybe I’ve been too busy doing the wrong things. Last Sunday, I read two chapters from a book: ‘The Resolution for women’ and I realized that I had been spreading myself too thin over different responsibilities and instead of giving my best to all; I just did it with all my might, strength and heart. They left me feeling so exhausted and drained joy and enthusiasm. I should have spoken with the Lord more about what He wanted me to do and how much time I should put into all of what I needed to do. It is not about doing all at once that matters because some things can and should be done later. That didn’t mean I was lazy nor had no drive. It just meant the time for those things were not till later.
my blessed feet

It feels good to write though. I guess there’s this part of me that wants everyone to think I’m the best. I don’t want to admit I need help because that would mean I’m a chicken or I don’t trust in His help. But it’s not that. I maybe shouldn’t have started some things in the first place. The thing I’m supposed to do with all of my strength, mind, might, heart and soul is love the Lord. Every other thing should be by His strength. Does it mean I should be lazy? No!
There’s a place called rest where you do what you ought to do and even more but when you look back or think about it, you realize that it really wasn’t you, but Him helping you, making it easier, the burden lighter, bearable, even enjoyable! How I miss that place!
Wow! Writing really does wonders for me! I feel ten times better than when I started. Thank you Lord for this gift. Help me to use it for you.

Kelechukwu [noun: Kay-lay-chew-coo] – all shades of amazing, accommodating, filled with great ideas; the state of being grateful of what God has done; filled with energy; hardly ever bored; God-loved; special and beautiful!
KC [noun: Casey]- short form of Kelechukwu.

1 comment:

  1. I smiled and smile again as I read this. I can so relate. Oh dear Kay-lay-chew-coo! This life is a field, it's a school, a stage and it is beautiful. Enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete